Are you looking to save money on your monthly bills? Saving money is one of the things that today a lot of people are trying to do in their everyday lives. If you are not one of those, it is never too late to start doing it. You can save hundreds of dollars a month by just making some adjustments to your monthly bills at home.
I’ve created a list of 15 ways to save money on your monthly bills. Simple changes you could adjust around your house and start saving money every single month. So, if you implement these simple tips it will help you a lot of money in the long run!
15 Ways to Save Money on Your Monthly Bills:
- Reduce your grocery bill by using Ibotta to get cash back on your groceries. With Ibotta, you earn cash back from your regular purchases at the store such as fruits, veggies, dairy, bread, household items and so on! You can even get cash back just for submitting your grocery receipt!
- You can get FREE $10 welcome bonus from Ibotta when you sign up here. You just need your e-mail, and it takes less than 1 minute to sign up!
- Go through your pantry before you head to the store and make a list of all the products that you really need.
- Buy generic brands: generic brands are 20% to 30 % cheaper compared to name-brand products.
- Reduce the amount of meat you usually buy. By doing this, you will save a good amount of money from your grocery budget.
- Buy seasonal products and plan your weekly meals according to that. I like to plan my meals using the $5 meal plan because it saves me time and money! The plan cost per month only $5 and they send to your inbox the meal plan for the week and the exact shopping list you will need to make the meals. Every meal will cost approx. $2 or less to make! You can sign up for the $5 meal plan here and get a 14-day trial period.
- Cancel your satellite or cable now! You will save hundreds of dollars a month by doing this. Consider a digital antenna like this one and get local channels for FREE!
- Another great option is to get an Amazon Fire TV Stick. We got this last month and it is amazing all you can get for a relatively cheap price. (there are tons of videos on YouTube on how to install it to so you can get the most of your money).
- If you would like continuing watching your favorite network programs then a great option is to sign up for Amazon Prime Subscription. This along with a digital antenna you will access to tons of movies, music and TV channels on demand. Additionally will get access to two-day FREE shipping service on millions of items sold on Amazon. You can sign up for Amazon Prime and start your 30-day FREE Trial here.
- In summer time, run the thermostat at a higher number. The ideal should be 75 degrees or higher(as long as you feel comfortable).
- For winter time, run your thermostat to a lower number, for example; 68 degrees. By doing these two previous steps, you will make sure to have a low electricity bill the following month.
- Unplug appliances when they are not being used.
- Install energy saving lights around your house. Recently, we got these LED energy saving lights and installed in most places around the house. Usually, the places that we stay most of the time. They utilize less energy and last longer.
- Another way to save money on electricity is by washing your clothes in cold water. Not only you will save money but it is better for your clothes!
- Get rid of your landline phone service and only keep your cell phone service. It will save you at least an average of $50 every month!
- Wireless service plans are pretty expensive nowadays. Every month this takes a big part of your paycheck. Try to switch to a cheaper service such as Republic Wireless. With Republic Wireless you could get a plan for only $15 a month! It will definitely save you a lot of money! You can learn more about Republic Wireless here.
If your goal for this year is to find ways to save money on your monthly bills, then these tips would help you to achieve that goal. You can save hundreds of dollars a month by practicing these 15 ideas around your house.
How do you save money on your monthly bills?
Related Ways to Save Money at Home Articles
- How to Save $5000 in a Year: 52 Week Money Saving Challenge
- How to Pay off Debt Fast, Even With a Low Income
- 15 Things to Stop Buying To Save Money
- 30+ Ways to Save Money on Utilities Bills
My Top Favorite Resources:
Swagbucks: This is my favorite survey site where you can make extra money every single day. With Swagbucks, you earn SB points each time you answer surveys, search the web, shop online, play games, watch videos and more! Then you can redeem your accumulated SB points and convert them into cash via Paypal or gift cards. You have the opportunity to earn up to $35 per survey. So, it is definitely an option to try. Receive a free $5 bonus just for signing up today through my link here.
Ibotta is an app that allows you to save money on groceries, clothing, restaurants, gas stations, pharmacies and more!
Bonus: You can get a FREE $10 welcome bonus from Ibotta when you sign up through this link.
Rakuten is an easy way to make extra money when shopping online. It is very easy to use, you go to their website and click the link from the store you would like to buy from. They give you cash back from shopping thru their links. You can also use discounts and coupons while shopping online. You can sign up for Rakuten here and receive a $10 cash back FREE!
Magic Ears, is an online teaching service that provides teaching English to children in China between the ages 4-12. Magic Ears is currently hiring remote teachers and you could make up to $26 an hour by working in your free time from home (or anywhere). Click here to learn more about Magic Ears.