Welcome to Smart Cents For Life!
Hi! I’m Shirley, a passionate money-saving enthusiast, and the creator of this blog. I could not be happier to have you here!
I’ve learned over the years that saving money and living on a budget doesn’t have to be hard! In fact, you can live a frugal life you love! I’m here to help you create your best life on a frugal budget.
About The Blog
Smart Cents for Life features ways to save money, frugal living tips, side hustle ideas, budgeting, and how to succeed at seeking financial freedom. It is my firm belief that everyone can live a prosperous life while saving money!
I started this blog back in 2017 as a way to share all the different money-saving tips, side hustle ideas, and frugal living tips I tried in order to make and save money.
I’m a firm believer that being intentional with your money and building healthy habits like creating a budget, saving money, planning meals for your family, and applying frugal living ideas in your everyday life can really help you reach your financial goals!
I am a wife and a mom of two little ones. I hold an accounting degree and an MBA. In 2015, I quit my full-time job to become a stay-at-home mom. I knew that going from two full-time incomes to one would be tough, so I decided to start couponing, budgeting, seeking frugal living ideas, and learning how to make extra money to help supplement the loss in income.
I wasn’t afraid of finding new ways to make extra money. In fact, my journey of being intentional with money began in 2008. Back then, I began experimenting with different side hustles, like hosting garage sales, cleaning houses, and selling gently used clothes online, to name a few.
Through trial and error, I learned a lot about money and the importance of spending less and earning more. I’ve learned that the combination of these two, along with good financial habits, can quickly lead you to financial success so you can stop worrying about money and enjoy the things that matter most, like your family.
My mission is to empower everyday people by sharing that is possible to save money, live a frugal life you love, and become financially successful.
Keeping in Touch
Questions, thoughts, ideas? Feel free to reach out, I love to hear from readers! So I’ve made sure there are plenty of ways you can stay in touch.
- Comment on my Posts. I love to hear from readers, especially when you learn and try a new money-saving or frugal living tip!
- Follow me on Pinterest to see what I love and pin on there!
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Email Me. You can reach me directly at email@example.com
Other questions?/Media? Please visit my Contact Page.
Don’t know where to start? Check out some of my most popular posts!
- 70+ Frugal Living Tips to Save Hundreds Every Month
- 35+ Cheap and Easy Recipes for Frugal Budget
- 35 Cheap Crockpot Recipes Your Whole Family Will Love!
- 8 Simple Steps to Save Over $7000 This Year
- How to Pay Off Debt Fast, Even On a Low-Income
- How to Build an Emergency Fund and Save Your First $1,000 Fast
- How to Save Money When You Are Living Paycheck to Paycheck
- 21+ Flexible Stay-at-Home Mom Jobs That Pay Well